Thursday, March 1, 2012

Appreciation for The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket

   I just finished reading The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket. I really enjoyed, this book because it was very different from any other book I've ever read. It was suspenseful it had a lot of mystery and it was just a very intriguing book. I also enjoyed the book because the author added his voice to book. 
       What I liked the most about the book was that it was told from all the characters point of view it helps the reader understand what's going on in the mind of the character and the problems the characters had. I also like how the author add definitions of different words which allowed me to understand what a word or certain sentence meant. Another thing I also  liked was that everything was very detailed you could really understand the problems the characters were in. I thought this was a really unique book because you never really see an author put himself in the actual story and actual talk to the readers through out the book and that is something really interesting and when they do that the reader understands the book way better. 
     There weren't really many things I would change in the book. I would have enjoyed more dialogue I felt it lacked dialogue because basically the author would write a lot about what the characters thought. If there were more dialogue we would have understood better the relationships between the characters. I would also have enjoyed the author to stretch out the climax more I felt he kind of rushed through the parts too quickly and the resolution at the end was really short an there wasn't a lot of detail. I also thought that at the beginning  of the book the author should have introduced the parents of the kids so we could get a sense of how they acted and how they had raised the children. 
    Overall the book was great.
I can't wait to continue reading more books in the series. I defunding recommend the book it defunding was one of those books that when you pick it up you never want to put down. It was easy to understand and you got to see the perspective of everyone in the story an what they were thinking.

1 comment:

  1. I love this book too! I definitely agree that it is very suspenseful, and when you think something good will happen to the Boudelair orphans, the worst comes! I also agree that it is great that the book is told from different points of views. Each of the characters are very different, and it is interesting to see how each of them view the situation differently! However, I was also very interested to see what the children's parents were like! Apparantly, they were part of a secret society, and I wanted to know what her parents were like at home!

    ReplyDelete