Thursday, January 26, 2012

MockingJay: Katniss torn between Peeta and Gale

    In the book MockingJay by Suzanne Collins, Katniss is torn between two guys Peeta and Gale. She loves both but whenever she is one she feels bad about the other. She will never be able to love Gale because she will always be tied to Peeta. 
     Peeta has now been rescued from the Capitol but appears to have been brainwashed by president Snow so that he thinks that Katniss is the enemy and he wants to kill her. Katniss has now decided that she needs to get far away from Peeta so that he can recover. But everyday she thinks about him because she  loves him and she can't forget him. I would feel the same way I would have done the same. If I love someone but I know that my being close to them could affect not only their health but my safety I would get away from them. It would hurt me inside but I know I'm helping them. 
     Katniss also has feelings for Gale. She kisses him but inside she knows she could never love him because she is too attached to Peeta. But Gale loves her and knows that he could never be with her and he respects her. I personally think Katniss should stay with Gale, he protects her and is always there when she needs him. But also when you think about Katniss and Gale you can't help but think about how she is betraying Peeta in a way. But right now I think she should also distance herself from Gale so that she can focus on defeating the Capitol.
    In the end I think that Katniss needs to clear her mind and decide who she really loves and wants to be with. She also needs to get away from that boy drama because it's affecting how she takes her duties as the mockingjay. I feel she has alot of pressure on her right now and she needs space to think. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this blog post. You organized your ideas so that the reader can understand your thoughts, so that is good. Also, I like how you go deep into what the character actually feels when ever s/he does something. You also include what you think the character should do. I liked how you broke up this complicated problem that Katniss has so that you and the reader can understand it better. Great job!

    ReplyDelete