Thursday, December 8, 2011

Blog post Flipped issues/problems in the book

   In the book Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen, a lot of new things have occurred a lot of new problems have occurred. Julianna and Bryce have had a lot of mixed emotions about each other. Bryce has had problems with his grandad and his family is a mess.
       Julianna and Bryce had a problem over eggs. Juli being the nice and considerate person she is, would give Bryce and his family eggs for free that her chickens lay.Bryce would throw them out because his family thought they had salmonella and that they would get poisoned. Then one day Juli catches him and when he told her that he was throwing them out because they might poison them because she got them from her chickens who lived in hr messy backyard. She took it to heart and determined to fix her yard. I felt really mad at Bryce because he was extremely mean and he made Juli feel awful. Juli seems like a really strong person but inside I think she is very sensitive and she is in love with Bryce and to see it was coming from the person who she liked it must have affected her a lot. I like Juli in particular because she is determined and she never let's anything bring her down. Many people should learn from her because after what Bryce told her she was determined to fix her yard.
    Bryce grandad is another issue that Bryce has to deal with. Bryce's grandad is not mean with Bryce but he doesn't show Bryce that grandfatherly love that we all expect from our relatives. And I thunk that the problem gets even bigger when Bryce sees his grandfather helping Juli and that he preferred helping Juli instead of him. But then then later in the book he finds out his grandpa isn't such a bad person an actually likes him and then Bryce feels better.
      Bryce is also affected by his family. His dad insults the Bakers all the time and calls them retarded and thinks  that something is wrong with them. Bryce's mother thinks that they  have been really unjust with the Bakers and were too quick to judge them. I agree with Bryce's mom and think that everyone should get to know one another before you judge someone. I see that all time and sometimes I find myself doing the same. Then I feel bad about it because I wouldn't want people to judge when they haven't even got to know me yet.
    Bryce know is beginning to understand things he didn't know before and fixing mistakes he made. He also has to fix many of his problems because I think he would benefit from being friends with Juli and learn things about life. I would love to be friends with Juli she seems like the kind of person who would help me see things in a different perspective and help me see things more clearly.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Amy....LOVE it! Okay so, what was the original problem with them? WHO do you agree with more, Bryce or Julianna? I love all the details you used and how you explain the way Bryce and Julianna learn and deal with problems. :D

    ReplyDelete