Thursday, December 15, 2011

Appreciation for Flipped!

     I have finished reading the book Flipped by Wendlin Van Draanen. I really enjoyed reading this book because it was funny and interesting and the best part was that you got to see the problems from two different point of views.
      I really liked how the author really used a lot of detail to describe the characters feelings and use details to describe not only settings but feelings. I also liked how the author didn't use a lot of dialogue, I feel that when the book has a lot of dialogue it makes the book boring. I enjoyed the end of the book a lot. I feel like it was a good ending because both Bryce and Juli learned things about themselves and the people around them. I also really enjoyed how at the end Bryce notices that he has always had feelings for Juli and I enjoyed how he got jealous because she was eating with a another boy. It was a romantic yet mysterious ending and I love books that end that way. The secondary characters even though the story wasn't really about them they were ver well introduced and they were all important to the story in their own way. 
      Somethings that I didn't like  was that the book ended right when they noticed that they liked each other. It would have been interesting to see how they react after they finally talk to each other and confront each other. It left me with the curiosity and it left mystery. Another thing that I didn't like was the way the way the years went by so quick so it was just reading snippets of what had happened and their relationship had evolved  since Bryce moved in. I would have changed a couple of those things to make the book more fun but otherwise it was good.
     I really enjoyed this book, and would definitely recommend it to someone else. It is fun to see what kids go through in life and not just from one point of view but from two! I would read this book over and over again. It has become my new favorite and I think the author did a magnificent job writing the book for kids and I think adults might also enjoy it. 

1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    I love this book toooooo! It's really good :).

    Anyway, I do agree with you on the parts you like because when reading the book, I found those aspects to be important and it made the book unique. But what about the book's message did you like? What did you find the message to be in the book?
    Nice Post, Melissa :P

    ReplyDelete